Select Page

Fulham linked with Gayle move

You know the silly season is underway again when Fulham have been linked with Dwight Gayle.

The Newcastle United striker has long been rumoured to be a leading Fulham target, even before he made the move to St. James’ Park. The Daily Mail suggested that Fulham’s interest has resurfaced again this afternoon, with additions to their forward line – which currently consists of Aleksandar Mitrovic and very little else in terms of recognised strikers – being Scott Parker’s major priority in January.

Gayle, 30, has just six months to run on his current contract in the north east. He has slipped further down the pecking order at Newcastle after the club brought in Callum Wilson during the summer and has made just ten league starts during Steve Bruce’s tenure. The former Crystal Palace forward made a scoring return from injury with a superb diving header to beat West Brom – but has had to make do with substitutes’ appearances since then.

The Mail suggests that Fulham are prepared to offer a small up front fee – with a considerable additional payment should they avoid the drop this season – in order to make a January deal more attractive for Newcastle. They are not the only suitors lining up for Gayle this month, with former Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic rumoured to be keen on taking the striker to the Middle East.

Fulham linked with another Gayle move

Fulham are ready to rival West Bromwich Albion in the summer for the services of Dwight Gayle.

The Cottagers, who have already been relegated from the Premier League, are reportedly interested in the 21-goal London-born striker.

Gayle signed a new deal with improved wages with parent club Newcastle United before he joined the Baggies on loan for the season.

He still has two years left on his contract with the Magpies, but has hinted that he’d be open to staying at The Hawthorns next season after an enjoyable campaign.

His higher wages could put that in jeopardy should the Baggies fail to win promotion this season, and now Fulham are reportedly ready to swoop.

The London club were keen on Gayle in January 2018 before they signed Aleksandar Mitrovic from Newcastle, and they see him as the perfect striker to get them out of the Championship at the first time of asking.

However, according to reports in the North East, Newcastle are also keen on Fulham’s Tom Cairney, and may use Gayle as a make-weight in a deal for the attacking midfielder.

Gayle scored a hat-trick at the weekend to move onto 21 goals for the season.

When he was asked if he sees a future at The Hawthorns beyond this season, he said: “Yes, of course. ”

Fulham plot Gayle swoop

Fulham are planning to move for Newcastle forward Dwight Gayle if their attempts to sign Aleksandar Mitrovic fail, according to a Daily Mirror article tonight.

The Premier League new boys have made Mitrovic, who spent a hugely successful loan spell at Craven Cottage last season, their top summer recruitment target but they have yet to finalise the £20m. The Serbian striker, who has made plain his desire to make a permanent move to join his compatriot Slavisa Jokanovic in west London, faces reporting for pre-season training at Newcastle on Wednesday when he returns from a post-World Cup holiday – despite being told by Magpies boss Rafa Benitez that is surplus to requirements at St. James’ Park.

The Mirror claims that personal terms between Mitrovic and Fulham have been agreed ahead of the proposed transfer, but the specifics of the final transfer fee and whether it will be paid in full up front or in installments are still up in the air. The failure to land Mitrovic, who scored 12 goals in 20 appearances last term as the Whites won promotion via the Championship play-offs, and leave Fulham seriously short of firepower ahead of their return to the top flight.

Fulham have had Gayle on their radar for a long time, with the former Crystal Palace striker coming close to joining the Whites on two occasions. The Cottagers earmarked him as a potential loan option to spearhead their attack in the Championship whilst he was still at Crystal Palace and offered £15m for the speedy striker at the tail end of the summer transfer window last year, but that deal fell through. The 28 year-old has scored 29 goals in 71 appearances in two seasons on Tyneside, managing six in 30 games last season,

Fulham offer £15m for Gayle

Fulham have this morning submitted a £15m bid for Newcastle United striker Dwight Gayle, according to various sources.

Rafa Benitez is keen to move the 26 year-old forward on before the end of the summer transfer window as Gayle doesn’t feature in his Premier League plans but, although Newcastle have yet to formally reject Fulham’s bid, they are believed to be holding out for an offer around the £20m mark. The former Peterborough and Crystal Palace striker, who cost the Magpies £10m last summer, scored 23 goals in 34 appearances as United won the Championship last term.

Gayle’s proven Championship pedigree – he scored 13 goals in 29 games for Posh back in 2012/2013 – has convinced Fulham to table a substantial offer as they search for further forward options in addition to summer signings Rui Fonte and Aboubakar Kamara. Fulham were close to signing Gayle when he moved to St. James’ Park having been long-term admirers of the Walthamstow-born striker. The Londoners are planning a busy end to the transfer window as they seek to give Slavisa Jokanovic the tools to mount a serious promotion push.

Fulham launch £8m move for Gayle

gayle

Fulham are preparing an initial £8m offer for Crystal Palace striker Dwight Gayle, who looks set to leave Selhurst Park by the end of the transfer window, according to the Daily Mail.

The Whites had initially inquired about the possibility of a loan move for the former Peterborough forward, who is keen to stay in the capital, and spent a couple of hours looking around Craven Cottage after the pre-season friendly between the two sides earlier this month. Palace are believed to be holding out for a figure of around £10m for the 24 year-old, but Fulham are reportedly very confident that their offer of £8m with additional clauses attached will be successful.

Gayle has fallen behind new Eagles signings Patrick Bamford and Connor Wickham in Alan Pardew’s pecking order and has already rejected to chance to join Bristol City after the Championship new boys had an offer worth up to £8m accepted on Monday. Gayle scored 10 goals in 29 appearances for Palace last season but struggled to attain a regular first-team spot and is eager to move on as Pardew revealed in his latest pre-match press conference.

He came and saw me at the start of the season to express a view to move elsewhere. ‘I said, “OK, that’s fine with me, we’ll try to get you a club.” Now there is a club and he’s reluctant to go. The ball is very much in Dwight’s court.

Dwight last year was a little bit not involved in the first team. It’s difficult to fit him into the way I play. He came to see me and said he would like to move on. Dwight can play in the Premier League, but having said that, Bristol City are a great club. A club with momentum.

The owner wants to push up to the Premier League. That decision isn’t mine. That’s Dwight’s decision. We aren’t going to force anyone to go anywhere they don’t want to go. It’s about the boy understanding what the best scenario is for him. At the moment, it’s not here.