A few statistical insights ahead of today’s game against Birmingham:
- The Fulham defence is in impressive form at home. Roy Hodgson’s team have kept five clean sheets in their last six games at Craven Cottage.
- Lee Bowyer obviously feels he’s got a point to prove against sides from London after leaving West Ham. Four of his five league goals this term – including the winner against us at St. Andrew’s – have been scored against teams from the capital.
- This is a complete turnaround from the Sanchez era. Fulham have scored a higher percentage of their goals in the second half (67%) than any other Premier League outfit.
- Birmingham’s dip in form has been most noticeable away from home. After an unbeaten run spanning five games on the road, the Blues have lost their last two away games without scoring a goal.
- Alex McLeish’s side have failed to score in three of their last four visits to the Cottage.
- They do have an impressive record against Fulham, though. In 11 Premier League meetings, Birmingham have won four and the Whites only two – with five draws. In their last Division One meeting, the Blues beat Jean Tigana’s side thanks to a Martin Grainger free-kick.
- Fulham have not scored in four of their last six league matches.
- The evergreen Kevin Phillips is closing in on the 250th goal of his club career.