Select Page

Fulham manager Roy Hodgson has said he ‘knows nothing about’ an offer from Hull for Bobby Zamora, despite Phil Brown’s claims of a “substantial bid”.

Tigers chief Brown has had to look elsewhere in his search for a new striker, having seen England Under-21 star Fraizer Campbell snub a move to the KC Stadium in favour of a switch to Sunderland.

And he has set his sights on Cottagers hitman Zamora, confirming on Friday that he had lodged a ‘firm and substantial bid’ for the 29-year-old, who only scored two Premier League goals last season.

Hodgson has revealed that he knows nothing of any such bid – but accepts he may simply be out of the loop at present.

When asked about Zamora following Saturday’s 3-0 win over Melbourne Victory, the Fulham manager said: “I don’t know anything about it.

“I spoke to the chief executive on Friday and of course, I spoke to him in the morning, and he may have something different to say when I speak to him later. At that stage there had been no offer for Bobby Zamora. I don’t know if that is just paper talk or they have made a bid for him. At this moment in time I couldn’t confirm or deny it.”

Brown had claimed on Friday: “We’ve been active with regards to Fulham.

“There is a firm and substantial bid on the table for Bobby Zamora. I’m waiting to hear from my chairman for the next step.”