Select Page

Fulham boss Chris Coleman has insisted that Steed Malbranque and Luis Boa Morte will remain at Craven Cottage.

The in-demand duo have been the subject of widespread interest this summer, with Newcastle keen on Boa Morte and Malbranque a target of Manchester City.

Coleman has maintained throughout the summer that it would take a major offer to prise any of his key assets away from the club and so far all bids have received short shrift.

With the season due to get underway on Saturday, Coleman is looking for stability and says the duo will not be sold.

“As far as I’m concerned the Boa Morte situation has finished,” he said. “Luis and Steed have been linked with other clubs. For us to sell two of our better players would be asking for trouble.

“It’s something I can’t see happening, it’s as simple as that. I’ve seen comments from the other clubs saying they expect to sign both players, but it’s not going to happen. The speculation will always be there.

“I’ve had the full support of the chairman and directors on this – they’re totally behind me.

“But to my mind it’s a no-brainer anyway because if we’re expected to compete in The Premiership then we can’t keep losing our best players.

“There were offers made but they were nowhere near enough and Steed doesn’t even want to move, so the matter is finished.

“I have two very happy players in Steed and Boa and they both want to play for us on Saturday.”