Select Page

Fulham forward Louis Saha has told the French press that he is furious at being denied a move to Manchester United.

The London club have insisted that they have no intention of letting Saha leave the club, despite United’s public courtship of the in form striker. Saha, who had previously stated that he would not be submitting a transfer request, told L’Equipe he was upset at not being allowed to join the English champions.

“On Tuesday morning, my club confirmed they don’t want to let me leave. I am really disgusted, almost downcast,” he told L’Equipe. “A transfer to Manchester, it was a good deal for everyone. They proposed £8 million! It was very good for Fulham,”.

“All the same I am not Ronaldo! And I had the opportunity to join one of the greatest clubs in the world. It was the chance of my life. Of course Manchester won’t contact me again in six months, they will have signed another forward by then!

“I really can’t understand the position of chairman Al Fayed. I thought I could leave for what I have done. I have given a lot to Fulham.”