Select Page

Burton want to buy Woodrow

Burton are keen to break their transfer record to sign Fulham’s Cauley Woodrow for £750,000, according to the Daily Star.

The 22-year-old has been on loan at the club since January when he joined alongside Lasse Vigen Christensen and has been in good form, scoring three goals at the Pirelli.

He scored the winning goal against Nottingham Forest at the weekend and has been one of the reasons in the side’s upturn in form which has seen them rise to 18th in the Championship table.

Last season Woodrow was in top form for Fulham last season, scoring four times and assisting once to end the campaign with a goals to minute ratio of 112.3.

Christensen and Woodrow make Burton loan moves

fulham-lads-4x3241-3540055_613x460

Fulham pair Lasse Vigen Christensen and Cauley Woodrow have signed for Championship rivals Burton Albion on loan until the end of the season.

The two academy graduates have not featured in Slavisa Jokanovic’s first-team plans this season and Fulham have taken the decision to offer the duo an opportunity of regular football in the same division to continue their own development. Christensen’s future has been the subject of fevered speculation this month after the midfielder made just four senior appearances this term and had been linked with a return to his nature Denmark.

The 22 year-old has struggled to recapture the sparkling form that marked his promotion to the first team under his former youth team coach Kit Symons back in 2014, but Christensen has been dogged by a succession of niggling injuries over the past 18 months. Brewers boss Nigel Clough said that Fulham retain ‘high hopes’ for a player who has made 56 appearances, scoring six goals including memorable strikes against Bolton Wanderers, Brighton and Huddersfield Town.

Woodrow has had to be content with first-team football in the EFL Cup this year, scoring twice in the first round success at Leyton Orient, but the former England under-21 international striker has been overlooked since missing a third round penalty in the defeat by Bristol City. Woodrow, who was such a success alongside Moussa Dembele at youth team level, has started just one league game this year and has already talked about his desire to score the goals that will help keep Burton in the Championship.

Both players could make their Albion debuts in Saturday’s trip to Queens Park Rangers but they will be ineligible to face their parent club for Fulham’s visit to the Pirelli Stadium on Wednesday night.

Ipswich in for Woodrow

woodrow4

Ipswich Town have made Fulham striker Cauley Woodrow their number one transfer target, according to a report from The Sun this afternoon.

Woodrow has been told he can leave Craven Cottage in the new year after falling behind Matt Smith and teenage academy graduate Stevie Humphrys in Slavisa Jokanovic’s pecking order. The 22 year-old has made just one league start for Fulham this season and saw his first team chances evaporate after missing a penalty against Bristol City in the EFL Cup. His two goals this campaign have come in that competition – against Leyton Orient in the first round.

Mick McCarthy has identified the former England under-21 international as a possible solution to Ipswich’s striking woes. Town lost 2-0 to Fulham at Portman Road on Boxing Day and have struggled for goals from their forwards, with midfielder Grant Ward leading the club’s scoring charts with five. McCarthy plans to tempt Woodrow to Suffolk on an initial six-month loan deal, with the possibility of a permanent transfer to follow.

Woodrow set for Fulham exit

Woodrow

Cauley Woodrow has been told he can leave Fulham in the January transfer window, according to a report from West London Sport this afternoon.

The England under-21 striker has made just a single league start for Slavisa Jokanovic’s side this season – against Cardiff City in September – and has seen his first-team chances dwindle since Chris Martin arrived on loan from Derby County at the end of August. Woodrow did score twice in Fulham’s EFL Cup win over Leyton Orient, but he missed a penalty as the Whites went out to Bristol City later in the competition, and has recently struggled to make the bench.

Woodrow, who enjoyed great success at youth level after joining Fulham from Luton in 2011 winning the Dallas Cup and helping the young Whites to an FA Youth Cup final in 2014, has made just 28 senior starts since being handed a surprise first-team debut by Felix Magath at Cardiff in April 2014. He scored his first goal for the club in a 2-2 draw against Crystal Palace on the final day of the season after the club’s relegation for the Premier League was confirmed, but his opportunities were limited by the arrival of Ross McCormack and the emergence of his youth team strike partner Moussa Dembele.

The 22 year-old has recently had to settle for sporadic game time in Fulham’s under 23 side and his position in the club’s current striking hierarchy was reflected by the fact that current youth team hotshot Stevie Humphrys was picked ahead of him on the bench for Saturday’s draw with Derby.

Woodrow salutes Fulham’s positive changes

BPI_LeytonOrient_FulhamBQ1_8385

Cauley Woodrow feels a strong period of summer recruitment and the squad buying into the same mindset has transformed Fulham’s prospects this season.

The Whites, who have struggled to survive in their previous two seasons in the Championship, head to second placed Brighton and Hove Albion on Saturday with genuine hopes of returning to the top flight themselves. Woodrow believes that Slavisa Jokanovic’s input, both in terms of bringing new faces to the club over the summer and on the training ground, has helped create a greater sense of belief amongst the players.

The striker told GetWestLondon:

We signed 14 players in the summer and that can go one way or another. The boys have settled in really well which is showing on the pitch. I don’t know what’s different as everyone has the same mindest. Results are going well for us and for the team and hopefully that continues.

Woodrow, who has only made eight first-team appearances this season, admits being disappointed by his lack of game time but has vowed to put in the hard graft at Motspur Park and earn another chance up front.

Training is going well. I’m not really playing at the moment and I’m not involved. It’s a difficult time for me and I’ll come through it and get back playing. I’ve got to keep playing hard and do my best and get my chance again soon.