Select Page

Fulham want £3m for Queudrue

Lawrie Sanchez insists Fulham have not received any offers for Franck Queudrue and will only sell the unsettled left-back for £3million.

Queudrue’s days at Craven Cottage are numbered following his criticism of Sanchez’s long-ball tactics and the French defender is eager to move on.

Newcastle are interested in taking Queudrue to St James’ Park but the £2million bid they are believed to be preparing falls short of Sanchez’s valuation of the former Middlesbrough player.

“We’ve had no official contact from any club for Frank Queudrue at this moment at time,” he said.

“It’s well documented he’d like to move on. There will always be players who want to move on. If players want to move I won’t stand in their way.

“But he cost us £3million and we’d like our money back – he hasn’t devalued in price at all over the last year.

“If there hasn’t been a suitable bid then he’ll stay here for next season.

“There are no bargains to be had out there and we have had to pay what clubs have wanted when signing new players.

“We’re not in a position where we have to sell any players.”

Sanchez has spent £17.5million on Aaron Hughes, Steven Davis, David Healy, Diomansy Kamara, Chris Baird and Paul Konchesky already this summer, but has promised more movement at Craven Cottage before the window closes.

“Hopefully there will be one or two more new faces here before the end of the transfer window,” he said.

“We’ve had two enquiries for two of our players but they’re both still with us. Neither enquiry has matched our valuation of those players.”

Queudrue holds Newcastle talks

FRANCK Queudrue will have talks with Newcastle United on Monday as Sam Allardyce looks to finally fill the club’s problematic left-back spot. And another Frenchman, Rod Fanni, is in the frame to complete a revamped back four at St James’s Park.

Former Middlesbrough defender Queudrue moved closer to leaving Fulham when the Cottagers signed Paul Konchesky from West Ham United yesterday.

The England international moved across London for an undisclosed fee. Although Konchesky can also play in midfield, he seems certain to be a replacement for the unsettled Queudrue.

The player’s agent, Dominique Six, revealed Newcastle are in pole position to land Queudrue, who left Teesside for the capital a year ago. Another, unnamed club, have approached the 28-year-old but would prefer to make a move in the January transfer window because of financial constraints.

Queudrue’s representative is expecting to meet Lawrie Sanchez on Monday to discuss his client’s situation now Konchesky has signed. After that he is due to speak to Newcastle – on the phone rather than in person.

Like a number of Chris Coleman’s former signings at Craven Cottage, Queudrue does not seem enamoured with Sanchez’s direct style and is agitating for a move. The opportunity to move back to the North-East, where he spent five years with Middlesbrough, would seem an ideal solution.