Last night’s battering of Birmingham City produced another wave of ridiculous goalscoring numbers – which reflect Fulham’s renewed sense of adventure under Marco Silva. Here are just a few of the extraordinary stats:
- Fulham have now scored 70 goals in 26 Championship matches this season. For reference, Slavisa Jokanovic’s 2017/2018 promotion winning team managed 79 in 46 regular season fixtures. Even when Jean Tigana’s side romped to the Division One title in 2000-01, they only scored 90 in 46 games.
- Fulham are the first English second-tier side to score at least six goals in three consecutive league matches since Everton in February 1954.
- It is the first time an English league side have scored six in three successive games since Chester City in December 1933.
- They are the sixth side in English league history to score at least six three times in a row following in the footsteps of Small Heath (1893), Plymouth (1925), Everton (1954) and Chelsea (2010).
- Fulham have scored nineteen goals in their last three matches. Barnsley have only scored sixteen all season.
- Fulham’s run of three instances of scoring six or more goals in eight days is the quickest treble by any league side in across all English competitions – beating Arsenal’s effort of three in eleven days in November 1932.
- It is the first time Fulham have scored at least six goals in three successive matches in the club’s history.
- Fulham average a goal every fourteen minutes in 2022.
- Fabio Carvalho has now scored seven goals this season. He is the second-highest goalscoring teenager in English league football – behind Swindon Town’s Tyreece Simpson, who is on eight.
Such a run of goalscoring will likely never be repeated – these are special times at Craven Cottage.